- Hits: 900
Founded In 1950, Tradewinds Hotel was the first establishment of its kind in the city of San Fernando. Situated in a prestigious residential area, the hotel was the favourite among the oil expatriates working in Trinidad at that time. Originally 12 rooms, a restaurant and bar, the hotel became a popular "Liming" (hang out) spot for all.
In 1993, the Laing family, on seeing the growth of the island's economy, the location of the property and the demand for hotel rooms in the "Southland" purchased the hotel and refurbished the original 12 rooms. By 1998, a further 7 rooms had been added.
After 8 years of operating under the new Laing Management Team the demands for its hotel rooms were unprecedented. In 2001, an entirely new 3-storey wing was constructed. This increased the room capacity to 41. The new wing also houses a grand lobby, fully equipped gym, a hairdresser, swimming pool, conference room, mini mart, poolside bar, night pub featuring karaoke and live entertainment.